Monday, September 8, 2008

Egyptian god Anubis

Egyptian god Anubis

This photo was taken a few months ago during Eurocup. That's why this statue of the Egyptian god Anubis is wearing a soccer jersey. There was an older man taking a photo of his wife standing in front of this statue and I was just milling around waiting for them to move out of the way. So he asked (or I offered, can't remember) if I could take of photo of both him and his wife, then he insisted on taking one of me and Brian. He took a couple of photos -- I think this was his artistic rendition since it's tilted. I think he enjoyed being able to see the results right away on the digital camera because he was still using a 35mm film camera.

After the photo shoot, we spoke for a few minutes. He asked where we were from and whether we were visiting or living in Vienna. He told us their names and that he was from the former Czecheslovakia and his wife was from Austria. He was quite impressed with my German and said to his wife, "Listen to her German, she doesn't even speak with an accent." To which his wife replied, "She has an accent." Oh well, at least other non-native German speakers think my German sounds nice.

No comments: