Monday, November 10, 2008

It's kosher

Hadar kosher shop

Food shopping is a little different here than in the States. I have a large supermarket practically across the street from my apartment and that's where I do most of my shopping. (It's large by Austrian standards, but certainly not something like a super center.) But sometimes I head over to this shop to buy items that you don't typically find in European grocery stores. Items like a normal size jar of peanut butter, pancake syrup, boxes of baking soda, American-style mustard, and vanilla extract. Last week when I was there I also noticed kettle corn and chocolate chips. And the items are exorbitantly priced -- well, no more than food products anywhere else. I don't know why a kosher store carries these products and a regular store doesn't, but I'm glad to know it's available.

No comments: